www.iones.ie website (the “Website”) is operated by ION Energy Storage (“we”, “us”, “our”). We have created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to this Website. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement (https://www.iones.ie/privacy-policy/) and to consult our Terms and Conditions. Each time you use this website you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it.
This Privacy Statement (together with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts”), the data controller is; Data Protection Officer, ION Energy Storage 16 The Seapoint Building, 44-45 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3, Ireland.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or adverts or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through the Website including submissions to and postings on the website. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
4. Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed outside the EEA by people who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information by email, post, SMS/MMS messaging products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you inform us that you no longer wish to be contacted by such means or for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ION Energy Storage or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ION Energy Storage or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For the purposes of conducting background checks, checking references and verifying other information (such as educational and employment history) submitted by you to us for posting to the website.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies/statements and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed €10. You also have the right to access your data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to; Data Protection Officer, ION Energy Storage, 16 The Seapoint Building, 44-45 Clontarf Road, Dublin 3, Ireland. Or email us at email@example.com
9. Changes to our privacy Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, we may at our discretion where appropriate, notify you of such change by e-mail also.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted via our contact form.
Last updated: July 21st 2021